It would have been a tad difficult to hold a face-to-face interview with Yolanda of To Have And To Hold – Wedding and Event Planning in the sunny and personal idea of paradise…Bermuda.
However, I still had the pleasure of getting in contact with Yolanda, who was more than happy to answer these questions regarding her wedding and event planning career…which I’m sure she has answered to other people over and over again!
- How did you first ever get involved in the event planning industry?
I first got involved in the event planning industry when I was asked to assist with a family wedding in 1979. I had such a great time I never looked back!
- How long have you been working in this industry for?
I have been working in this industry for over 25 years.
- What major events do you usually hold? (e.g. weddings, birthdays, corporate)
My company does weddings, parties (birthday, anniversary, etc.) and corporate functions as well (meetings, seminars, banquets, etc.)
- I can only image how many events you’ve held! Could you describe one of your favourite events as of yet?
It was a destination wedding that I had planned, the couple called me on the Sunday and offered me a challenge they wanted to get married 4 days later on the Thursday! I had a great time putting the whole thing together, and it was a great day for the wedding on a cliff overlooking the ocean!
- What is the best part of your job?
Do I have to choose just one thing!? Making my clients vision come to life and going beyond their expectations.
- Could you please briefly describe your typical week?
My day starts at 6:00 AM, checking emails and social media, going over requests for pricing and contracts talking to vendors, clients and going through designs and floor plans for upcoming events.
- I bet you’ve had a couple of extraordinary requests! How do you handle such scenarios/clients?
I have had one extraordinary request! The client is coming to Bermuda and wants to propose to his girlfriend on the date and time that they first met, they met at 12:00 Midnight. You can imagine the vendors’ comments when I gave them the time! They thought it was a joke, 4 course dinner, music, photographer and on the beach. It is going to be fun!
- Have you ever had any yacht-related events? If so, what were these?
Yes I have had a few weddings and parties on a yacht, these events are great as well.
Interview by: Lyndsey Hollington
Get in touch!
To have and to hold on Surf Yachts: http://surfyachts.com/hold-bermuda-wedding-event-planners/